1 Read the text. Then answer the questions.
A FASHIONABLE WEDDING
Have you ever been to a wedding? The bride’s dress is one of the most important parts of the event, and most women spend a long time choosing the right one. But what is the right dress? Wedding dresses, like other types of clothing, reflect the fashion of the time.
In Ancient Rome, people believed white was the favourite colour of the god of marriage, so women wore white wedding dresses. But in the medieval period, colourful material was more expensive than plain material. Rich women wore colourful wedding dresses with a lot of cloth to show their status. Ordinary people wore practical dresses from plain cloth. After their wedding, they wore their wedding dress at church and for celebrations.
The long white wedding dress of today became fashionable after Queen
1. Why did some medieval women wear colourful dresses?
2. What did other medieval women do with their dresses after their wedding?
3. What type of wedding dress did Queen
4. What happened as a result of Queen
5. How did machines change fashion?
6. Why was cloth important during World War II?