Monday, 5 September 2016
Sunday, 4 September 2016
HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW ABOUT UNITED KINGDOM?
Let's test what you know about United Kingdom.
In teams, you have to answer the following questions.
Only one student can say the answer, so name one of your group as the chairperson.
Each team has 1 minute to agree the answer.
You should raise your hand before telling the answer. Then the teacher will say which group speaks first.
If you tell the answer before the teacher says you can speak, your team will get a negative point.
You'll get 1 point per each right answer.
The group with more correct answers will be the WINNER!!!!
1. Name the four separate countries which make up UK.
2. Which are the capitals of these countries?
3. What's the Queen's name?
4. Where can you see the Changing of the Guard?
6. What is HARRODS?
7. Where can you buy stamps?
8. What's 'Stonehenge'?
9. Name four famous football teams in UK.
10. Which is the most famous band in the history of UK music?
11. Where is the famous Loch Ness monster?
12. In Britain, which side do you drive a car?
13. Which famous writer was born in Stratford-upon-Avon?
14. Name his most famous play.
15. Which is the British currency?
AND THE WINNER IS...........
Now, let's read about a teenager's life in England:
Next, we'll listen to a short text about teenagers and do some exercises:
Finally, let's work with an awesome song: